Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Long outage resolved

Hi everyone,
My apologies for the long outage for almost 12 hours. Unfortunately I didn't check the site after I returned home last night, I went to bed, and I found it inoperable this morning, thus the long duration. The problem was that the index.php file permissions somehow got set to 0000 (no permissions for anybody to access it whatsover). The big question now is how that happened. I haven't touched those permissions for a long time. I need to investigate this, and I'll let you know ASAP.
Sorry again,
Have fun.

Update: I confirmed that it was not a hacker or a site malfunction. The hosting company made an uncharacteristically bad decision of crippling the site to reduce system resource usage. I am currently taking up that issue with the hosting company.

1 comment: